Sunday, May 15, 2011

It stopped raining!

Happy, happy, joy, joy. It feels like it's been raining forever! I've been trying to get my long run in since Friday. Thankfully this morning provided me with two hours and forty minutes sans precipitation. I got further than I have in a while making it to the Afton Street Conservation reserve which seems to have just opened. It made a nice change of scenery from the Maribyrnong river path, the area offers softer ground and some hills. I'm going to make a concerted effort to mix up my run locations this week.

Run: 2h 43m 03s | 24km | 06m 47s/km. Eh, it wasn't fast, but the best thing? It's done! Yay. I took three Gu but only ate two. I nearly gagged on the tri-berry, but the Espresso love went down fine. I stopped briefly at 2 hours just to swing the legs out, they were getting over the repetition. I found when I stopped concentrating on my form I really slowed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment