Sunday, October 2, 2011

Easy does it


I was recently given a huge jar of cherry jam. Not knowing exactly how I'd use that much jam, I did a little searching and found David Lebovitz's Easy Jam Tart. But there was tweaking. I wanted to see if I could make the tart Gluten free to expand my tiny repertoire. So I made a gluten free flour mix consisting of:
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup potato starch
1/3-1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp xanthan gum

I just substituted the gluten free mix in for the 1 1/2 cups of plain flour the recipe called for.

The tart was good, albeit crumbly - at a guess this was due to being gluten free or my slight over cooking! Regardless, this recipe is a keeper and so very simple. I cooked it on Friday night and it was even better Saturday afternoon at the 'G. Shame about those Pies...

Run: 17:54 | 3km | 5:58/km. A run! Sadly not exactly pain free. A dull ache certainly noticeable in my knee. Still a run! I'm excited and it makes me more determined to keep up with the icing and stretching and strengthening.

Beep test: Level 6.4. Just going for gradual improvement here. Again could feel my knee, but

No comments:

Post a Comment