Monday, June 13, 2011

Wok it


So the plan last week was to get cooking. Due to unforseen circumstances, which one has to readily accept while renovating, I was without a kitchen sink, stove and dishwasher for the start of the week. I did manage to crack out the camping stove to cook. Dish of choice was Spicy Prawn Fried rice with just a few changes I omitted the one egg white, because I can't stand waste and had no desire to freeze one yolk, I added 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped celery to increase the vegetable content and I used fresh garlic and some fresh ginger to marinate the prawns.

In the end the Man didn't realise it was 'diet' food. A major plus in my books!

The plan this week is to cook a whole lot more now that everything's back in.

Run
: 2:31:59 | 23.39 km | 6:30/km. Let's be honest I was a little worried about this run given my epic hangover and less than stellar fueling yesterday, however I managed perfect pacing and didn't feel too bad throughout! I'm not sure I can keep 6:30 up for 42km, but today spot on. Nutrition was all good too. I think I'm just going to rely on gels rather than the power shots. They don't work for me quite as well.

Fri; run
: 38:24 | 6.24km | 6:09/km. The day totally got away from me. Sometimes you just have to do what you can. This was it.

1 comment: