Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm a convert

Who knew overnight oats were so delicious. Not me. I am not porridge's biggest fan. Every winter I try, really I do, to love porridge. But the texture gets me every time. I thought overnight oats would be much the same, turns out they're not.

This is a texture I can get my tongue around! Creamy from the yogurt and softened by the soaking I'm liking these for breakfast. Perfect for a pre-run breakfast.

How I make mine?
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup greek yogurt (full fat)
1/2-1 tsp vanilla paste - just adds a hint of sweetness
(Approx 177 cals before add ins)

Run: 1:21:08 | 12.66km | 6:25m/km. My head cold is still kicking around a little and not feeling 100% awesome on the running front just yet. So glad to have knocked this one out amongst the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment