Monday, August 15, 2011

Where did the time go?!

I go back to work tomorrow after six months off. Six months! Crazy. During the time I laid a whole lot of ground work for a new career/job, spent two months overseas visiting Europe for the first time and trained and ran the Gold Coast Marathon. Then I finally took up kickboxing and kayaking, after wanting to do so for a while. I also visited new places that have been on my go-to list for quite some time. And even cooked with Fennel for the first time.

Of course, I could have done more. But I needed to find a balance between activities and finances! I've had the most wonderful break and feel relaxed. Work is also supporting my return on a part-time basis. So as of next week I will have Friday off - I will use this primarily to get my long run in/massage/errands etc. If I am successful in my new path I will not have this level of flexibility for a very long time so I'm making the most of my situation now!

I do have reservations going back to my current job. It is emotionally draining and mentally taxing because I am so under stimulated. All the more reason to continue with a solid marathon preparation and keep up the kickboxing & kayaking!

Run: 59:07 | 10.01km | 5:55/km. Pretty happy to see some sub 6min kms. I feared they were long gone. Felt good running today for the first time in a while.

Kickboxing: 50m. This session had it all and I totally put 100% in. Felt really good to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment