Thursday, February 17, 2011

New experience

I have the Man home with me today. He was admitted to hospital on Valentines day for emergency surgery on his appendix. After a successful operation he's resting. But it's not really his forte. He had to pop into work today to make sure the guys were on track and I needed to pick up a few things from the city, so I trialled the Melbourne bike share.

Knowing full well I intended to ride I bought along my own helmet. The bike seats are easy to adjust and super easy to ride. There's a little basket at the front where you can secure a small bag. One thing though, you really have to lift the bikes out of their dock. I totally failed at that, it took me about 7 attempts before I could finally release a bike from its dock. Lesson learned!

Run: 32m 57s | 5.18km | 06m 22s/km. I wouldn't usually run two days in a row, but after the quick jaunt into the city I had time to kill so I ran to Albert Park lake. It was hot, the cloud cover had burnt off and it got warm quickly. My calves hadn't quite recovered from yesterday's run so it was painful. I haven't quite adjusted to the vibrams yet to warrant two days in a row and I really think I need to revisit my technique. I think I'm pushing from my toes too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment