Monday, January 23, 2012

One thing off the list

On Sunday the 15th of December I got up earlier than I usually would to get to work (that's saying something these days) to volunteer at the Two Bays Trail Run. And I'm so glad I did, because dare I say I had as much fun as the 28km & 56km runners!

Initially disappointed that I wasn't placed with a friend who was also volunteering, I had a ball once the runners started coming through. I had my music going and tried to make eye contact and give a big smile and words of encouragement to every runner.

During our break we were able to head to the 28km to see P finish and then make it back for our second shift to cheer the 56km runners back home. The bonus of volunteering means we have a free entry for next year, I will be doing all in my power to be fit enough to run the 28km.

No comments:

Post a Comment