Thursday, August 7, 2014

Glorious from all angles

After coming home to hail on my doorstep after Friday night's swim I didn't have high hopes for the weather over the weekend.  How pleasantly surprised I was.

Sat; run: 3:26:03 | 31.8 km | 6:28m/km
I pretty much hung out in bed for most of the morning waiting for the rain to clear. I ran beach side into the city, out along the Yarra to Richmond and back into the city to Flinders Street and caught the train home. At 25km I was hurting. At 27km more so. You get the drift. I did this without music, tried to stay strong mentally while physically felt as though I was crumbling. The walk home from the station was painful to say the least.

Sun; ride: 2:16:24 | 52.2km | 23km/hr
Essentially a recovery ride with a lot of stop starting in and through the city to Kew Boulevard. Nothing like setting course PBs when your legs are shot from the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment