Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back in the saddle

Busy week this one. I've been back on the Gazelle and loving it. So awesome not relying on public transport plus we've had some very pleasant cycling weather. That said the Gazelle is well and truly in need of a service. Must get onto that...

Took my Vibrams for a run/walk last night. I felt great running on grass or the slightly softer track at Albert Park, but was a little tentative on the pavement. I opted not to run the whole 8 or so km to my parents place. Instead my Dad was coerced into picking me up half way. While my legs could have kept going, I could feel blisters forming under my big toe. Definitely using some body glide next time. Good thing for the blisters really, because I'm not sure I should have done that much, I can certainly feel my calves today.

Just as well I had a massage booked. There was certainly a whole lot of tightness in my back, and when my calves were worked on they were just as painful. I'm hoping to come good for the weekend, because I know tomorrow I'll be feeling the brunt of the massage.

Tuesday full commute: 1:15 | 20.6km | 16.48 km/hr
Wednesday & Thursday one way commute: 1:15 | 20.6km | 16.48 km/hr
Wednesday run: 35:45 | 4.7km | 07m 37s/km. I actually had a chance to manually hit the lap button and saw some kms around the 6:12 mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment